RiskIQ Digital Footprint provides a dynamic view of an organization’s public-facing web presence — illuminating blind spots, enabling rapid response to threats, and informing intelligent risk management.
Companies today are tasked with securing and managing a vast, complex, and constantly changing internet attack surface:
- Vulnerability Management teams cannot protect what they do not know about. They need intelligent tools to properly assess the organization’s internet-exposed attack surface and prioritize areas of potential risk to assess or take action on.
- Digital Channels teams need to maintain a watchful eye on all company-owned assets in order to enforce compliance standards and identify any threats putting customers at risk, obstructing business operations, or exposing the organization to legal liability.
- GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) teams need to measure compliance against internal standards, industry standards, and/or regulatory requirements in addition to having the ability to monitor applications for liability exposure.
- Security Operations and Incident Response teams rely on timely and accurate intelligence in order to protect the organization and customers from emerging threats.
- IT Security teams need visibility into the current state of all company-owned infrastructure in order to correct failing, misconfigured, or hijacked infrastructure — and ensure the continued availability and security of web assets.
- IT Operations teams need full visibility over organizational assets to increase ROI, efficiently allocate web application and server resources, and consolidate external hosting options and internal server allocation for hosting web applications.
In order to limit risk, exposure, and efficiently allocate resources, companies need to continuously monitor this shifting landscape and access accurate data on the current number and state of assets under their management. This challenge affects all companies with valuable data or a high-profile web presence.
RiskIQ’s proprietary discovery technology continuously defines your organization’s unique internet-exposed attack surface and uncovers previously unknown and unmonitored properties. Discovered assets are indexed and classified in a RiskIQ inventory, providing a dynamic system of record of web applications, third party dependencies, and web infrastructure under the organization’s management through a single pane of glass.
Discovery and Inventory includes the discovery and monitoring of:
- Domain Names
- Web Pages
- IP Addresses
- IP Blocks
- Name Servers
- SSL Certificates
- WHOIS Contacts
RiskIQ provides a range of dashboards to help customers dig into specific use cases, including an overall summary of your digital footprint, footprint changes and trends over time, as well as dashboards to dig into specific aspects of your attack surface (for example, secure cloud expansion, services, applications, and devices, malware and defacement events, and attack intelligence from the RiskIQ research team overlaying topics from the news or from threat research into insights about your footprint), Risk Reporting, which includes an overall risk posture summary score for the organization as a whole and on a broad range of security and compliance metrics with the ability to drill into specific affected assets and segment scores by brand and business unit with trending built-in, and a GDPR report digging into potential violations of the European General Data Protection Regulation, which can are difficult to detect using traditional tools and can carry extremely heavy fines if not addressed quickly.
Custom dashboards can also be built for specific customer needs and PDF reports based on any dashboard can be scheduled on a daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis to automatically generate and email to specified recipients. Email alerts, data exports, APIs, and integrations with popular SIEM, SOAR, and vuln tools to extract and interact with inventory or event data are all also available tools to fulfill reporting needs.
Digital Footprint - Advanced
The Digital Footprint - Advanced add-on to RiskIQ Digital Footprint provides a deeper level of analysis for an organization's highest priority assets. With this coverage, RiskIQ virtual users go beyond the daily homepage crawling for all sites provided in Digital Footprint to also click through and monitor all linked webpages within sites on specified hostnames at least once per month, providing more comprehensive threat event detection and web component and content analysis associated to those hosts.
Pricing is defined per host asset enabled with augmented crawling coverage, and hosts eligible for coverage must be included in the host count defined in the Digital Footprint subscription tier. As used herein: a “Host” refers to a hostname, and for the avoidance of doubt, a host with secure HTTPS and/or unsecured HTTP protocols would represent one Host. (Example: https://www.riskiq.net and http://www.riskiq.net together would represent one Host).