This article layouts the process to add Artifacts and Monitors to a PassiveTotal Project.
A short video overview can be found on our RiskIQ youtube.
Adding an Artifact to a Project
In order to enable Monitors within a project, a corresponding artifact must first be added to the project for which Monitoring should be configured. This can be done in one of several ways:
1. From the page of the Project for which you wish to enable Monitors, select "+ Add New Artifacts"
This will display the Add Artifacts window, and will prompt you to select an Artifact Type:
Once the Artifact Type has been selected, artifacts may be added in bulk as a newline-separated list.
In addition, populating the Tags field will apply a custom tag to all artifacts submitted.
2. From an Artifact or Query Results page, the artifact, as well as any pivot points, may be added to a project.
- For artifact pages, there is a folder in the top-left corner of the screen (underneath the Menu icon). This will produce a drop-down menu of existing Projects to which the artifact can be added (passivetotal[.]org in the example above), and will also contain a link to create a new project and add the artifact to it.
- Hovering over a Pivot Point in PassiveTotal will display a folder icon with the "Add to a project" tooltip (see the 22.214.171.124 Pivot Point under Resolve above). Selecting this will produce a drop-down menu of existing Projects to which the artifact can be added, and will also contain a link to create a new project and add the Pivot Point to it.
- Finally, bulk-selecting Pivot Points via the checkbox will display the "Add to a Project" prompt (see above). Selecting this will produce a drop-down menu of existing Projects to which the Pivot Points can be added, and will also contain a link to create a new project and add the selected Pivot Points to it.
Artifacts that can be monitored will display a slider button under the "Monitor" column from the individual project page. Monitors are available with two statuses:
- Enabled: Characterized by a blue slider with the button to the right, this will trigger alerts when changes to the artifact are detected.
- Disabled: Characterized by a grey slider bar with the button to the left, this will not trigger alerts under any conditions.
In the below example, the first two Artifacts have monitoring disabled. The third artifact (riskiq[.]com) has monitoring enabled: